DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
1605 Alton Road Birmingham, AL 35201-1477 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Rezult continues to make great strides toward enhancing the technology community nationwide. We are consistently looking for qualified professionals to join us in achieving success. Currently we are searching for a DevOps Infrastructure Engineer to fulfil an immediate vacancy.
The DevOps engineer will serve as a bridge between the development, infrastructure and operations teams. The engineer will use a collaborative approach to identify and optimize the interdependencies between these teams.
- Collaborates with multiple teams to design and improve the software deployment pipeline.
- Understanding of security / firewall implications on designs.
- Understanding of cloud-based application integrations and software as a service implementations.
- Understanding and experience with Open Shift, Kubernetes and other container based environments.
- Identify interdependencies and productivity barriers between the development, infrastructure and operations teams.
- Identifies opportunities to automate operations activities that slow the delivery process.
- Create architectural diagrams, design specifications, and support documentation.
- Understanding of full stack design.
- Assist in application integration on multi-platform systems.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and according to specifications.
- Responsible for informing manager when tasks fall behind schedule
- Ensure the availability and configuration of supported systems meets the desired SLA’s.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine and implement solutions most beneficial to the company.
- Use standard coding techniques to ensure application performance meets requirements.
- Encouraged to suggest performance improvement changes.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with development, infrastructure and operations teams.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 – 7 years experience with systems engineering or administration.
- Experience with VMware, OpenShift, container based applications, databases, and networks.
- Experience supporting large server infrastructures.
- Experience with continuous code deployment, test-driven development, and release management.
- Understanding of network protocols server communications.
If your background, skills, and interest match the following; please apply online to ensure your credentials are reviewed by a skilled recruiter immediately. We look forward to working with you on this opportunity. For more information on Rezult and a list of additional job openings, please visit our website at www.rezultgroup.com.