Director of Financial Reporting
1800 Corporate Dr, Birmingham, AL 35242 US
Rezult continues to make great strides toward enhancing the technology community nationwide. We are consistently looking for qualified professionals to join us in achieving success. Currently we are searching for a Director of Financial Reporting to fulfil an immediate vacancy.
- This person will be a key contributor and lead the Financial Reporting team.
- The highly visible role creates value for the Company and its stakeholders, including investors, lenders and regulators and will be involved in or leading a number of strategic initiatives.
- The primary purpose of this position is to lead a growing team and manage the preparation and coordination of the company's external and internal financial reporting requirements, accounting research and the resolution of complex accounting issues, new accounting guidance and reporting governance application and implementation, monitoring and updating of financials controls to comply with internal controls requirements and development and implementation of global accounting policies.
- To successfully fulfill the position’s responsibilities, the Director of Financial Reporting will work with professionals in departments throughout the Company and engage with various external parties and subject matter experts.
- The Director must possess technical competence (i.e. able to regularly engage with audit partners, technical accounting professionals, regulators, SEC counsel, investment bankers and other similar parties) while also being strategically oriented (i.e. able to evaluate contemplated transactions, contribute to strategic discussions, and lead large projects)
- 8 years of "Big 4" firm experience
- 8 years of SEC reporting / public company reporting experience - 10-Q's, 10-K's, 8-K's and Proxy Statements
- CPA required
- EXCELLENT technical accounting skills with experience with GAAP and IFRS
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer application skills such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple high priority large workstreams
- Excellent knowledge of internal control over financial reporting and the requirements customary for public companies
Nice to Have's:
- Workiva and XBRL
If your background, skills, and interest match the following; please apply online to ensure your credentials are reviewed by a skilled recruiter immediately. We look forward to working with you on this opportunity. For more information on Rezult and a list of additional job openings, please visit our website at www.rezultgroup.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mary Hendon Yelverton
Director of Business Operations, Birmingham
Mary Hendon is the dynamic Director of Business Operations in Rezult's Birmingham office. Mary Hendon began her career as a Recruiting Partner with our Nashville team in 2014 and moved into a Business Development position. In 2016, she transferred to the Birmingham office where her experience across multiple markets made her a valuable and distinctive member of the Rezult family. For the past four years, in Birmingham, Mary Hendon has been the top Business Development producer managing over 100 contractors at a time. As a result of her dedication and skill, the Birmingham office accounts have grown by 2400%. The experience and leadership skills Mary Hendon possess are now used to lead our Birmingham market. Mary Hendon was promoted in 2021 to Director of Operations, and in that position, she leads and mentors Recruiting and Business Development team members to expand, grow and develop Birmingham market business opportunities.
Mary Hendon holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Alabama in Business with a focus in Corporate Communications, Leadership and Corporate Social Responsibility. She loves to spend time with friends and family, especially her husband and children, and paints whenever she has the chance. Mary Hendon serves on the Board for Ronald McDonald House and Exceptional Foundation in Birmingham.