IT Field Engineer
800 Shades Creek Parkway, Suite 625 Birmingham, AL 35209 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE
Rezult continues to make great strides toward enhancing the technology community nationwide. We are consistently looking for qualified professionals to join us in achieving success. Currently we are searching for a IT Engineer to fulfil an immediate vacancy.
Our growing company is looking to hire an experienced IT Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. As an IT Engineer, you will be responsible for designing hardware configurations, patching server & workstation operating systems, installing software, maintenance of Active Directory, and training staff on correct operating procedures.
To ensure success as an IT Engineer, you should have experience maintaining large-scale computer systems, creating and maintaining servers (virtual and/or physical), experience with networking systems, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Ultimately, a top-level IT Engineer can design and maintain a dynamic and stable system to perfectly meet the needs of the company.
- Managing and Maintaining all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining computer/server operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Designing and installing computer and server hardware configurations
- Installing software and networking systems
- Troubleshooting network and software issues
- Fixing hardware, software, and networking issues
- Responding to general IT requests
- Ensuring OS software is kept up to date and maintained
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- 3+ Years of relevant experience with firewalls, switches, AP's and VMware
- 3+ years of Server management (building virtual servers and supporting Windows OS)
- Extensive knowledge of computer/server hardware systems.
- Knowledge with general OS systems
- Knowledge of LAN and wireless networks
- Good communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues
- Knowledge of networking security systems
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Some scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts)
- Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
If your background, skills, and interest match the following; please apply online to ensure your credentials are reviewed by a skilled recruiter immediately. We look forward to working with you on this opportunity. For more information on Rezult and a list of additional job openings, please visit our website at www.rezultgroup.com.