Senior Network Engineer
800 Shades Creek Parkway, Suite 625 Birmingham, AL 35209 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE
Rezult continues to make great strides toward enhancing the technology community nationwide. We are consistently looking for qualified professionals to join us in achieving success. Currently we are searching for a Senior Network Engineer to fulfil an immediate vacancy.
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Network Engineer to assist with managing and maintaining our client's enterprise network. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and mentoring our IT Engineering staff and handling advanced support issues. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the functional management of our network and the resolution of network issues.
To ensure success as a Senior Network Engineer, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, experience with Systems/Storage/Compute, and Project/Time Management skills. A Top-class Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking team performs as a cohesive unit, maintaining the stability and performance of the network.
• Collaborate with our Network/Datacenter Architect & Principal Cybersecurity Architect to design and implement functional company networks
• Design and Deploy function networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
• Create and implement network security measures
• Maintain system documentation and network diagrams
• Mentor IT Engineering staff
• Conduct regular network performance tests
• Resolve escalated network support issues
• Create network status reports
• Understand company needs to define system specifications
• Communicate network requirements to the IT Team effectively
• Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
• Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
• Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions with the team
• Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
• 5+ Years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field preferred
• Extensive knowledge of LAN and wireless networks
• Advanced knowledge of network operating systems
• Ability to troubleshoot complex network issues
• Knowledge of networking security systems
• Extensive knowledge of networking hardware
• Some scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts), automation experience
• Extensive networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
• Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. MySQL)
• Familiarity with network analysis tools
• High level problem-solving and communication skills
If your background, skills, and interest match the following; please apply online to ensure your credentials are reviewed by a skilled recruiter immediately. We look forward to working with you on this opportunity. For more information on Rezult and a list of additional job openings, please visit our website at www.rezultgroup.com.